Saturday 16 March 2013

Pure and Unadulterated....

...outfit posts!!


The top image totally influenced by Nurse Jenny Lee' outfit worn to a jazz club in the last episode of Call the Midwife. I curled my hair up into a faux bob and added a plastic dog brooch to match the pooch sat on the chair next to me!




"For pity sake Jenny stop pulling your sweater down, people will think you've had some sort of accident"

"Trixie I never go out for an evening in slacks!"

  I know at some point this programme would have been referenced to on any self respected Vintage Lifestyle/Fashion blog, but how can we help it? Mid century fans can get their fashion fix, from Jenny in her cardigan & full skirt combinations or Trixies black femme fatale ensembles. All from the comfort of a Sunday night sat in pincurls.   


Polka dot 'slacks': Affleck's Palace, Manchester.
Camel Turtleneck: American Apparel.
Black chiffon scarf: BooBoo Kitty Couture.


The second outfit is inspired by the birth of my new colour obsession. And I mean obsession. I've replaced my whole kit bag with pink tint bowls, brushes, hairdryers, combs, clips, gowns and even my Lucille's Locks mobile has been transformed with bubblegum pink vinyl graphics, but that is another blogpost.
But any item of clothing that matches my pink flashes makes me squeal inside and are instantly purchased.


Pink fluffy jumper: H&M
Grey Fan skirt: Bettie Page clothing
Shoes: Keds


Love as always, Lucille xx

13 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous! And crazy talented! I have a pink obsession myself, mixed with stripes and polka dots. What's wrong with that? ;) Toss in a hint of mint and I'm set!
    ~xoxo CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! Your hair is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking fabulous! I love the pastel pink with the bettie page skirt :)

    Much Love
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely outfits :) That faux bob is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little pup! You look lovely. Your hair is amazing. I also struggle with my hair and end up just throwing it up in a ponytail and quid as I never know what to do with it. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply adore your style. Your blog is a breath of fresh air.
    Your blogging grandma, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfits and your hair. The pink blouse is amazing :)

    ***

    The Marvelous World of Narcissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the Keds! Those are simply great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love call the midwife too, it's great how much inspiration you can get from the characters different styles of dress. Love both outfits, especially those spotty slacks!
    Lots of love
    Lil xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute.and so does inka.love your keds.they are the cutest shoes.I love call the midwife.started watching at christmas but not sure what season we are on in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get on that show! Is it on Hulu or Netflix? I will find it! I keep hearing about it, and it looks so good! Also, so do you in these pics! Love that pink on you!

    Jordan
    http://jordansvintagekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Niche blogs cater to specific audiences, allowing bloggers to establish themselves as authorities in their chosen fields. Energy And Industry Whether it's technology, fashion, or finance, niche blogs attract like-minded individuals seeking specialized knowledge.

    ReplyDelete